
I am way too excited by the actual snow gracing our stoop with its presence. The sleet last night was worth it, if this is what it eventually yielded. Yeeaaay, SNOW! I also love that it's freezing ass cold in the living room - where i sleep this week cuz of the shady vapor (i.e. smells of turpentine) currently emitting from my radiator.
And the best part - IT'S STILL SNOWING!
I am so excited to pull on my pink rainboots. Yes, they have daisies on them - don't judge me! It almost makes me wanna fuel up on Honey Bunches and walk downtown. It's only 108 blocks, right? Cakewalk. Well, like an ice-cream cakewalk. Only i doubt there'll be the little chocolate crunchies of cookie goodness when i finally make it to the bottom. Not to mention that one bite of this actual snow might actually be more noxious than the radiator.
Maybe i should regroup. I'm sure i can come up with a better plan between now and when it's time to go PLAY IN THE SNOW! --er, go to work, i mean. Cause that's what i actually have to do today. Which is cool...way more important than playing. Totally more important than kicking round in fresh snow. I'm totally there. At work. Mentally. Aching to be there already, right? Right. Watch me run.

2 comments:
Thank you for quadrupling the coolness factor of our blog. Those pictures are out of control--you did not take them on your phone...right?
Last night was ncd's little brother's birthday. We went to this unassuming Mexican restaurant...that turned out to have a band, lots of actual Mexican/Mexican-Americans, and Spanish karaoke. 'Course, I missed the karaoke because clm and I had to go to a coffee shop in Roseville (just N of St. P) where my cooperating teacher, HM, and his son were playing.
Remember how we always wanted mentors? I think I have one. He gave me a book about classroom management for Xmas, made his wife leave a wedding to come to the performance to meet me, and they both gave me hugs as we left. Don't worry, though, the whole time I was wishing that I was Rachel--if ever there were a time when being great at making 'small' talk 'large' by asking insightful questions and not being a complete ass, then this was it. Instead, I was not Rachel, but played the part of myself, girl who was distracted by the next performers, couldn't think of anything to say, and bumbled like a mofo.
Oh well. clm and I then met back up with the birthday partiers at Rudolph's--on the corner of Lyndale and 24th??
Also, I'd like to confess that I joined facebook.
I love you.
yo! these pics most certainly were from my phonecam cuz my real digital is outta batts. which is why the one is so very blurry.
but the real question here is what happened to YOUR picture?! i was so excited to see your shining face! and then i go to buy a hard drive and poof! it is gone when i return. sad. i may cry a tear. into my pasta. yes, i cooked. and now it will be all salty. and cloudy. cuz i miss that face. and there ain't no sunshine when she's gone...
Post a Comment