7.7.08

I'm So Lucky You Were Born

...not to hijack your celebration of how great it is for YOU to be alive, but seriously, how would I get through moments like this:

ring ring ring ring

Me: [Unnecessarily long necessary greeting incl. name of company and time of day.]
Pt: Hi. [displeased] I guess I need to talk to your account manager.
Me: [pause] Like, just someone who handles [trepidation] patient accounts?
Pt: Uh, Kshhyeah! [as in helloooo I just took a break from tanning in my bikini to make this call what other kind of account manager is there no duh!]

And I was lucky enough to be able to think, "Oh I gotta write 2 of 1 (as I've newly dubbed you & I b/c it is more apt) about this." So thanks for being born. That gigantic gaping hole in my soul if things had gone differently is inconceivable.

Comments on your celebration to follow.

No comments: