29.11.07

Last Night A Blogger Saved My Life eeeehehehe

I am about to issue the first (of many, I hope) writing challenge this blog has seen. In the mail you will receive a package. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to write a screenplay about a recording artist who comes across the hero of this song stealing his record from the record store. Perhaps this recording artist is actually the hero of the song, but older and now a recording artist himself...

In any case, that's the mission. I'm quite sure you'll understand immediately upon receiving the package.

Second, I tried to respond the first of the triad of posts and then quit like a quitter. I hope you discovered the Trader Joe's GC amount, I'll be interested to know what it was, as I don't remember. If it was less than 50 I'm going to kick my own ass for being such a miserable cheapskate. Also, that first post saved my life I was roaming the halls during class break, ravenous and without more than 35 cents in spare change (which would get me nothing at the vending machine). I was feeling quite hopeless until I checked WWBH and discovered aefd leavings. Spirits immediately bouyed, I made it through the rest of the class and, in fact, continue surviving today.

You have to respond to whatever that thing was that the INGOrange people sent you so that we can carry on garnishing our wages in order that you will be able to return to school. They won't let me deposit anything until you do their nefarious bidding.

Today I went to the HS where my clinical is, where I'm working with my cooperating teacher, the mysterious HM. Had a fabulous time and get to teach "Things Fall Apart" to the AP class in a couple of weeks. This man knows just how to map out a path that I can follow. Also made young hair-veiled activist read sentence as if he were evening news anchor in order to determine whether it made sense or not. Lovely.

Many late nights this week. Yesternight's was the result of some ill-advised post-work break-taking for beer-drinking and anecdotes about work hilarity. This evening's will be due to the fact that n-conrad-d won tickets to go see Slug talk about what he does. Woop-dee-woop Whaat! Yeah. Awesome.

On the subject of rocketing out of bed overenthusiastically:-----. And also, I bought ncd a "sunrise lamp" that wakes only me up with a full-spectrum fake sunrise. Actually does make waking up less traumatic. Have never felt the squeeze of the seasons the way I do right now. I think this has to do with wasting one's hours away in the frivolous occupation of "just getting paid".

A man was at my desk today who looked at the appointment card I gave him, then exchanged confused (on both sides) words with me about the meaning of the numbers I had written down to indicate the date of his next appointment. Then, he said, "OH! You write the MONTH first!" in utter surprise. Now, while I totally agree with the man that the day belongs in the front, euro-style, (as it is the indicator undergoing the most frequent change) and although I myself often date personal materials in that format, I am compLETELY stumped as to why this would come as a suprise, or seem odd to a man whom I know to be at least a long-time resident of the US of A if not a native. Baffling.

1 comment:

2 of 2 said...

i absolutely love that you called out the amnesty junkie by making him ::siiigh:: participate. what you neglected to mention was whether or not he did a good job. that'd be funny. if he rose to your challenge and busted out his best brian williams.

all in all, i'm glad you're finding your footing amongst the cliffs of insanity--er--high school education. i say kudos, i say!